Solico Metal is looking for a steel structure detailer to join our team in Kathyrn, AB.
We are a manufacturer of steel structure and storage system. We are seeking a detailer to maintain the quality of our products by following specifications, procedures, and quality control standards.
We rely on the demand for engineered construction services and focus primarily on steel construction. With this in mind, we align our workforce and collective skills to provide our clients with reliable and quality construction. This day-to-day enterprise is attained and underpinned by competent personnel and quality management. We have an opening for an experienced Steel Detailer
Summary: Reporting to General Manager, the Steel Detailer will produce detailed shop drawings and erection drawings. Shop Drawings will specify the exact details required for fabrication and welding for each individual assembly of a job as well as the breakdown of each assembly into its component parts.
Drawings must be clear in their display of dimensions and complete in relation to the job. Completed shop drawings must show material specifications, member sizes, all required dimensions, welding, bolting, surface preparation and coating requirements as well as any other information required to describe each completed part.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
· Review subcontractors’ shop drawings
· Update steel drafting standards
· Generate an accurate, well organized model and/or generate shop drawings
· Coordinate with project managers, coordinators, engineers, design teams and shop workers.
· Generate submittal packages for approval and for fabrication
· Provide technical clarification to shop and field personnel.
· Prepare and submit RFI’s Requirements
- Autocad experience: Min. 3 Years.
- Steel Detailing Experience: Min. 2 years
- TEKLA Experience: Min. 2 year
- REVIT Experience is an asset.
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all teams and levels in the organization
- Advanced skills with office software including Microsoft Office, Adobe and Bluebeam.
- Able to read engineering and architectural plans.
- A thorough understanding of Steel Detailing and math skills.
- Able to develop and produce fabrication drawings, process diagrams and or models in accordance with effective norms, techniques and specifications.
- Knowledge of relevant design codes and ability to read & interpret design drawings and specifications.
Location: Kathyrn, AB ( 15 Km east side of Balzac)
We thank all applicants for their keen interest in working for Solico Metal. Due to the volume of responses we receive, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, phone calls or unscheduled drop-ins please.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kathyrn, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (preferred)
- drafting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person