Position Title: Community Support Worker ( Complex Care)
Position Type: 9am-9pm or 24 hrs (starting at either 9pm or 9am) with weekday and weekend availability. Must be available for weekend shifts one weekend per month.
A valid NVCPI or MANDT Certification would be an asset.
Wage: Competitive wages start between $21- $24 per hour based on professional experience, education and personality qualities. Higher compensation given for 12 and 24 hour shifts.
URGENT NEED for skilled worker in Cowichan Valley and South Nanaimo.
Community Support Worker ( Complex Care) serve as ‘behaviour therapists’ for children, youth and adults with highly complex behavioral and emotional disorders and/or developmental conditions. Their purpose is to create SAFETY and STABILITY for these individuals and their families, while pursuing the goals necessary to help the individual and family reduce their level of service need.
Are YOU comfortable with more challenging behaviours? Some of our clients can exhibit extreme anger, intense language, and aggressive behaviours. Staying calm and safe, and knowing how to deescalate tough situations is essential.
Can YOU commit to your shifts? Sometimes the consequences of dropping a shift can be catastrophic to our Complex Care families. We’re looking for consistent and stable staff.
Can YOU urgently pursue goals? Our clients and their families need your help to improve their situation - right away - by learning new skills, and building the resilience they need to be successful without our support one day.
Can YOU work under the guidance of a team of Lead Professionals? Our treatment plans include lesson plans provided by our larger clinical teams, usually Behaviour Consultants and Counsellors, but possibly psychiatry, SLP, OT, Dietician, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in client homes or other residential settings to independently implement therapeutic programs and to create safety and stability.
- Help clients achieve their stated goals as quickly as possible
- Complete data tracking and session notes after each shift
- Are accountable to their clients and to their multi-disciplinary team and the Complex Care Program Manager
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation
- Staff work with the same client for an extended period of time, so a one-year commitment is required
- At least 6 months experience working with special needs populations (preferably with autism but work with other disorders is also strongly considered)
- Able to manage your own personal safety, and belongings, during times of client intensity. Staff with long hair may need to wear hats, or to tie their hair back
- Basic computer skills and daily access to internet is required for logging data and session notes
- Flexible Hours
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Ability to set boundaries with compassion and consistency
- Dependability & consistency in attending sessions
- Willingness to obtain Emergency First Aid
Why join the Pivot Point team?
Pivot Point specializes in intensive therapeutic interventions for children, teens and adults with Autism and other diverse abilities. This might be YOUR opportunity to join a comprehensive clinical team in your community, so you can move YOUR career to the next level.
If you have a passion for helping individuals with diverse abilities and highly complex care needs, join Pivot Point so we can work together to create positive change!
To apply, please visit http://pivotpoint.ca/apply-now to upload your resume and submit an application.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $21.00-$24.00 per hour
- working with individuals with complex behaviour: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: On the road