Pharmacy Technicians - this is the life-changing opportunity you’ve been looking for. Join Horizon Health Network in beautiful New Brunswick, where you’ll find friendly communities and a relaxed, affordable and healthy lifestyle.
We have permanent, public-sector roles with guaranteed hours, comprehensive benefits and pension, excellent opportunities for professional growth and the following salary and recruitment incentives for Pharmacy Technicians:
- $25.1308 to $26.9514 per hour
- Up to $5,000 relocation assistance.
WHO WE ARE
Horizon is the largest regional health authority – and one of the largest employers – in New Brunswick. With 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, we focus on delivering quality and safe health care services, to half a million residents in New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible to interact with patients to gather medication related information and to provide instruction, checking accuracy of medication preparation by others, supervising Pharmacy Technician students and acquiring, preparing, and distributing medications and pharmaceutical products.
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the New Brunswick College of Pharmacist and licensed to practice in New Brunswick.
- Checking medication prepared by other Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacy Assistants and Pharmacy Assistant - Delegated Checkers
- Meeting with patients and gather medication related information to create best possible medication history
- Assisting Pharmacists in the implementation and monitoring of the patient medication care plan
- Providing instructions to patients on medication related tools and devices
- Precepting Pharmacy Technician students and provide orientation to Pharmacy students
- Preparing and labelling sterile products such as total parental nutrition, chemotherapy agents, intravenous mixtures and other sterile products that require specialized techniques
- Preparing, labeling and distributing pharmaceutical products
- Ordering and receiving pharmaceuticals including maintaining inventories
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Guaranteed hours
- Relocation assistance: up to $5,000
- Monday to Friday plus evenings, weekends and holidays
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.13-$26.95 per hour
- Company pension
- Relocation assistance
Work Location: On the road