Position: 35 hours ongoing
Responsible to: Executive Director
Start Date: October 10th
The Program Coordinator (PC) will provide casework management in accordance with the National Standards set out by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada. PC will be responsible for recruitment and screening of volunteer mentors as well as additional roles and responsibilities outlined below.
The Program Coordinator will work within the guidelines, policies and mission of the agency and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
▪ Manage recruitment, intake screening process (volunteers) including orientation, interviewing, screening and training facilitation.
▪ Liaise with mentors in process regarding their application status.
▪ Maintain accurate volunteer program statistics.
▪ Liaise with Mentoring Coordinator(s) to determine optimal matches for Mentee and Mentor.
▪ Strategically seek volunteer recruitment opportunities/presentations for mentor recruitment and agency profiling. Liaise with community organizations to implement recruitment opportunities.
- Attend meetings with service organizations, schools, community forums etc. for the purpose of recruiting and raising awareness of the organization.
▪ Follow and practice National Standards and agency policy and procedures, relevant in Child
▪ Assist Executive Director in program development and implementation.
▪ Perform administrative duties as requested by Executive Director (i.e. form development, Survey Monkey)
- Participate on Marketing and Communications Committee and other Committees as requested by Executive Director.
▪ Develops and assists with marketing materials.
▪ Maintain social media platforms and online recruitment site postings with the assistance of the Marketing Committee.
▪ Maintain agency website (training available).
▪ Support goals and objectives in the Marketing and Strategic Action Plan.
▪ Build relationships with agency partners as required.
▪ Other related duties.
In accordance with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada’s National Standards, the qualifications for the Program Coordinator include the following:
▪ Two-year post-secondary diploma in a related field (e.g. education, social or human services, psychology, child and youth work, family studies etc.).
▪ Demonstrated organization with strong written, verbal and critical thinking skills.
▪ Demonstrated ability to positively and effectively interact with diverse populations.
▪ Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
▪ Demonstrated computer skills (word, excel). Word Press an asset.
Adaptability and commitment to BBBSCV vision and philosophy are essential for this position.
▪ Ability to work flexible hours and free downtown parking provided
▪ Access to a vehicle/Driver’s license
Application Deadline: September 26, 2023
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-26
Expected start date: 2023-10-10