Ravines Medical Group has an immediate opening for a full-time Medical Office Receptionist at our Bedford Medical Centre who are inspired by contributing to health and wellness of each patient and the community. Shifts are Monday to Friday day shifts.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for receptionist tasks:
- answering phones
- booking appointments (using manual and Telus Health – Med Access)
- taking messages
- filing (both manual and computerized)
- processing outgoing and incoming mail and specimens
- processing referrals for specialists (both online and via letter)
- booking appointments with external providers such as x-ray departments
- scanning of documents
The successful candidate will also be, from time to time, required to ensure examination rooms are appropriately stocked and cleaned, including sterilization of medical tools. Aside from being able to efficiently and competently perform core medical receptionist duties, in an appropriately independent manner, the successful candidate will be able to work in a collaborative team-centered approach. Further, demonstrated experience in organizational skills and proven rapport with patients is invaluable.
Minimum of one-two years experience working as a Medical Receptionist
Experience with Electronic Management Records – Telus Health/Med Access
Please note that only qualifying applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All public health measures as it relates to COVID 19 are followed with in the medical clinics. Masks are required upon entry.
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- Medical office: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person