Build More Than Just a Career
Our people are our success. They are also adventure-seekers and difference-makers who are committed to a shared vision – to offer the best of the best in project delivery services. When you join ONEC, you join a community that seeks to help you build more than just a career. You will build working relationships and partnerships that become friendships, build ideas that become realities and build skills that help you grow personally and professionally. We want you to love what you do so that together we can do great things.
ONEC Group has been building projects in Western Canada for over 20 years. As an EPC and EPCM provider, our services include multidisciplinary project services including project & construction management, engineering & design, procurement & logistics, geomatics & survey, fabrication & construction, mechanical & electrical installation, and scaffolding & insulation. We are the only mid-sized firm in our industry that offers this collective expertise under one roof. Because of our company’s size, clients get to know our team and always work with the same people, resulting in stronger working relationships and efficiency. We are agile in our approach to project delivery because we are able to pivot quickly and adjust our standard processes to suit specific clients’ needs. ONEC believes in local leadership, and we engage top talent from the communities we work in. We understand that local knowledge and presence are key to not only our overall business success but the economic success of the communities we work in.
Job Title: Junior Civil/Structural Engineer
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Full-Time/Permanent
Minimum Level of Education: Degree
Years of Related Experience: 2-4
Locations to be Supported: Edmonton, AB
Office Location: Edmonton, AB
Application Deadline: Until Filled
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing drawings, coordinating design details within the context of a multidisciplinary design team, and providing technical assistance to clients for civil engineering related matters. The work will be for operating industrial facilities across multiple industries and will typically involve structural steel and concrete structures.
Other responsibilities include:
· Preparing structural drawings and coordinating design details within the context of a multidisciplinary design team.
· Preparing structural design of existing industrial facilities including calculation and preparation of related documents.
· Completing projects under general guidelines within allotted schedules and with high quality standards.
· Coordinating activities with other engineers and project team members as required.
· Inspecting project sites to monitor progress and ensure compliance with all safety and government regulations.
· Maintaining compliance of the design team with established quality assurance requirements.
· Providing feedback regarding the technical and structural aspects of company/client projects to manager or project leader.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
· At least 4-5 years of solid Civil/Structural Engineering experience is required, preferably with significant experience in steel and concrete structures for an operating industrial facility.
· Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with a structural concentration is required.
· Registered as an E.I.T. with APEGA is desirable.
· Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles, and how they can be practically and effectively applied to solve problems.
· An understanding of structures and how they behave and respond to environmental and operational loads.
· Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-technical team members in a clear manner.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian Engineering Codes and Standards, OH&S code and regulations, fall protection systems, lifting devices, and rigging.
· Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
· Able to apply the right mathematical methods and formulas to problem solving.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
· Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
ONEC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on job-related skills, training, experience, and suitability. Final candidates will be asked to provide references. The results of the reference check must be acceptable to ONEC Group. We also consider different experience levels and knowledge and candidates with less experience may be considered for lower-level positions.
We thank all applicants in advance however only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
ONEC Group accepts resumes via online application at http://onecgroup.com/careers/
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T6B 3N8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- structural engineering: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person