Under the supervision of the Band Manager, the Income Support/Assisted Living Assistant administers the IS and AL programs to ensure that eligible individuals and families living on reserve receive funds to cover the basic expenses of daily living and support their transition to self-sufficiency.
- Provide backup for the Social Development manager when not available
- Assists in the distribution of Income Assistance Support cheques on the 1st of each month
- Send and receive referrals from other agencies or First Nations
- Assists clients with completing forms, such as Old Age Security, CPP and AISH
- Assists with government forms, registration of children, SIN applications, health cards, birth certificates
- Follow all departmental policies, procedures and directives in performing their duties and responsibilities
- Conduct Assisted Living home visits and keep track of statistics of clients supported and services provided
- Conduct intake interviews to determine client needs
- Assist with writing letters/reports on behalf of clients to other agencies
- Conduct referrals to internal and external agencies as required
- Attends program meetings and meetings/workshops
- Develop and implement control systems for all client information and documentation
- Sort files and information for reports and maintain an effective and efficient filing system
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or Equivalence
- A Social Work diploma/degree would be an asset
- Person that leads a "healthy lifestyle", Fit for Duty
- Ability to follow directions, work well with others as well as work independently
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of computers
- Experience with 360 Nation Administration Solution software or other similar database management software
- Requires the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- A criminal record check with the vulnerable sector is mandatory for the position.
In addition to your Salary/Hourly earnings, we also offer the following:
- Our commitment to accountability, respect for one another, and hard work.
- A benefits package with Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- A healthy work-life balance with half-day Fridays
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- We care a lot about your future and offer a defined contribution Registered Pension Plan.
Job Type: Full-time