Calian Health is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian Health employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
- Our dynamic healthcare teams consist of approximately 550 professionals providing healthcare services coast-to-coast at 30 CAF locations across Canada.
- Calian is currently seeking a part time and a full time Dental Assistant to work at CFB Esquimalt. The Dental Assistant functions as a member of the dental health care team.
- Key activities include: Assist Dentists at chairside to perform wide range of dental procedures: Take, process, and mount dental radiographs; Perform wide range of dental laboratory procedures; Ensure instruments and equipment are sterilized and prepared for each patient treatment; Provide administrative support such as scheduling programs, and Maintaining patient records.
- Graduate of an Accredited Level II Intra-oral dental assisting program
- 1 year of full-time equivalent experience providing clinical assistance in all disciplines of dentistry and performing intra-oral procedures
- License with the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia (Certified Dental Assistant)
- CPR Level C with AED, or the willingness to obtain a CPR certification
- Contract, with the possibility of extension
- Level of Effort: Part Time, 15 hrs/week (2 days/week, 7.5hrs/day) and Full Time, 37.5hrs/week (5 days/week, 7.5hrs/day).
- Clinic Operating Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:15am to 3:45pm
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $29.00-$32.14 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Certified Dental Assistant LEVEL II license in BC (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-12-22