Alberta Eye MD was founded by our doctors in February 2013. Our vision was to create a center of excellence in ophthalmic care. Alberta Eye MD is a multiple MD facility offering a broad scope of eye services which include cataract, glaucoma, cornea, pediatric, retina and other eye-related diseases.
We are proud to have a state of the art facility with the most cutting edge diagnostic testing and treatments in Northern Alberta. This includes medical treatments and surgical procedures to address ocular conditions such as cataracts, glaucoma, pediatric and adult strabismus, as well as corneal and retinal diseases.
We aim to provide the best quality of care for our patients with a desire to maximize efficiency and utilization of health care resources.
We are growing and looking to add to our team! We are currently looking for a professional, reliable, detail-oriented person for a combined role of Ophthalmic Technician and Medical Office Assistant.
Ophthalmic Technician duties include:
- taking patient medical history
- checking visual acuities and IOP
- performing visual field testing
- performing IOL and orb scan measurements
- obtaining OCT images
- obtaining fundus photos
- administering eye drops
- pupil assessment
Medical Office Assistant duties may include:
- checking in patients and confirming demographics
- rebooking patients as per physician's instructions
- booking referrals
- answering a busy phone line
- excellent communication skills
- high attention to detail
- ability to work in a fast paced environment
- value providing great patient care
- desire to learn more about ophthalmology
- experience in ophthalmology or optometry is preferred
- experience using Healthquest is an asset
- must have flexible availability
Days of the week will vary according to physicians' schedules. Shifts will include weekdays, some Saturdays, and some evenings.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
We follow all AHS Covid protocols.
- Do you have experience in ophthalmology or optometry?
- Do you have any restrictions in your availability?
Work Location: In person