M o u n t P l e a s a n t N e i g h b o u r h o o d H o u s e
800 East Broadway Vancouver BC Canada V5T 1Y1
T*● 604.879.8208 F● 604.879.4136 I*● www.mpnh.org
Internal/External Job Posting
Settlement Worker – Spanish Speaking
Posted: September 19th, 2023 Closing: October 2nd, 2023
As part of the newcomers team, the Spanish Speaking Settlement Worker works collaboratively with outreach and promotions and is primarily responsible for connecting and assisting Spanish speaking newcomer families to successfully settle and connect to community services at Mount
Pleasant Neighbourhood House and other local community resources.
- Outreach to and recruit newcomer immigrants & refugees for program and services
- Introduces and provides bridging services to newcomer immigrants & refugees (i.e., one- to-one intake and referrals, facilitate life skills workshops and capacity building training)
- Provides needs assessment, information and referral, advocacy and orientation to participants
- Organizing group information and orientation workshops, and community connections programming
- Works with MPNH newcomer team to plan, implement, facilitate and evaluate appropriate programming for newcomers and refugees
- Provide translation and interpretation supports (Spanish)
- Performs required record-keeping, administrative and reporting tasks (including ICARES system)
- Post-secondary education in human services, such as social work, counseling, community support
- Minimum one years’ experience recent in settlement work and in facilitating groups, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a multicultural environment, and with individuals and communities suffering from discrimination, racism and culture shock due to language or systemic barriers
- Broad knowledge of community resources available for newcomers and their families and working relationships with other service providers
- Oral and written proficiency in English and fluency in Spanish
- Proficiency with computers
- Standard First Aid Certificate
- Ability to work flexible hours
Connecting Neighbours since 1976
- Successful completion of a criminal records check
Terms: Regular Part-time position, 14 hours/week starting ASAP, with a likelihood of increased hours depending on funding
Salary: $24.11 - $26.27 per hour (Band P4 of ANHBC’s salary grid) – based on qualifications and experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Vicky Li, Interim Director of Senior Services
at * , with Settlement Worker – Spanish Speaking in the subject line, by October 2nd, 2023.
No phone calls please.
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will only be contacting those selected for interviews. Internal
candidates will be prioritized for interviews.
MPNH is a non-profit, community based organization located in East Vancouver and is a part of the Association of
Neighbourhood Houses of BC. We are an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family. For more information on
MPNH and ANHBC please visit www.mpnh.org and www.anhbc.org.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 14 per week
Salary: $24.11-$26.27 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V5T 1Y1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-02