Position title: Administration & Facilitation Support Worker
Department: Community Innovation
Reports to: Director of Community Innovation
The Community Innovation - Administration & Facilitation Support Worker provides support to the department leadership and project teams, as needed, including data collection and analysis, scheduling meetings/events/workshops, planning and facilitating events, assisting with reporting, note taking and filing, and providing navigation support to event/project participants to appropriate resources, including internal referrals for services, as required.
- Works closely with the Community Innovation team to provide input and support for a variety of projects, as needed.
- Compiles, assesses, and enters client/participant service and activity-related data onto internal, funder (iCARE) and other databases, as required.
- Coordinates community engagement activities targeted at increasing im/migrant and newcomer participation in the local community, including youth activities.
- Creates, distributes, compiles and reviews event and workshop evaluations for quality of outcomes and satisfaction to inform the development of Community Innovation activities.
- Provides support for stakeholder committees and teams, as needed, in collaboration with department Managers and Director.
- Conducts orientation to Community Innovation services and guides newcomers in identifying activities that would meet their settlement and integration needs.
- Plans and prepares for workshops, events, and team meetings, as needed.
- Supports Community Innovation activities by facilitating newcomer participation in the community and by providing opportunities for newcomers to develop meaningful relationships in safe spaces.
- Provides basic assessment, information, and support on the phone, via email, virtually and in-person, including responding to newcomers in crisis during Community Innovation activities and arranging settlement service appointments, as needed.
- Provides referrals to internal services and programs, and external community based and/or government services based on participant needs.
- Ensures client eligibility for federally funded services, ensures services align with IRCC planned activities and that all IRCC deliverables are met.
- Ensures management is aware of any significant concerns or issues as quickly as possible.
- Provides first language services, as required, to enhance the client/participant experience, including providing document translation and event interpretation support as required.
- Co-design and implement designated activities, including development, promotion and facilitation of EDI content, dialogues, and workshops.
- Other related duties, as required, by the Community Innovation leaders
- Values. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement Impact North Shore’s values of excellence, diversity, and respect.
- Integrity & Ethics. Ensures integrity in personal and organizational practices. Builds a respectful and client-centered workplace.
- Innovation. Administration & Facilitation Support Worker. Thinks creatively; is open to new ideas and technologies. Is committed to developing effective and new approaches to service excellence. Is flexible and adaptable to meeting changing demands of clients, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Accountability. Accepts and creates a culture of accountability; fosters personal growth; takes personal ownership. Is self-aware and demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning and continual improvement. Assesses risk and develops risk mitigation strategies.
- Engagement. Shows passion for the job and the mission of the Impact North Shore.
- Effective Communication. Fosters open communication, listens to others, speaks effectively, and prepares written communication so that messages are clearly understood.
- Organized & Efficient. Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organized way. Follows directions and procedures and ensures deliverables are meet on time and according to agreed standards.
- Education/experience in diversity, inclusion, anti-racism programming with an intersectional lens
- Ability to identify barriers to access to promote equity and inclusion for a diverse client population
- Familiarity of and/or lived experience of diversity, as it relates to the im/migrant settlement experience, is considered a strong asset
- Experience working with im/migrants and newcomers from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Experience working with community members and organizations from multiple sectors
- Able to function in a fast-paced environment and remain calm during periods of high demand
- Strong organizational ability, attention-to-detail skills, excellent communication, and computer skills
- Excellent knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, Zoom and ability to learn and adapt to new technologies required for excellent service delivery, as needed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support service delivery needs during the daytime, evening and weekend hours, as needed
- Ability to speak multiple languages is considered an asset
We strongly encourage applications from IBPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, im/migrants and other marginalized communities.
Hours: 35 hours / week (schedule may vary)
Work Environment: This is a hybrid position that requires regular weekly in-office attendance, with some flexibility for remote work.
Salary Range: $23.00 - $25.00 / hour
Posted until filled. Resumes reviewed upon submission
Please apply only once for this specific opening by submitting resumes and cover letters using “Administration and Facilitation Support Worker” in the subject line.
Impact North Shore, formerly North Shore Multicultural Society, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Vancouver, BC V7L 2P7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Administrative experience: 2 years (preferred)
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Anti-Racism: 1 year (preferred)
- event marketing and planning: 1 year (preferred)
- another language (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in North Vancouver, BC V7L 2P7