Simplot Canada (II) Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the J.R. Simplot Company. The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This position is an opportunity for students enrolled in post-secondary education in the Ag Industry to gain experience in the Simplot Grower Solutions trade area. The successful candidate will carry out day-to-day operations duties during our peak season, and then transition into Agronomy duties later in the season.
- Assist in coordinating and executing product movement and organization
- Assist in loading and unloading of product from customers and suppliers
- Assist operations employees with various tasks, especially in busy season and especially when a customer needs to be served
- Assist in treating seed, as required
- Conduct inventory counts twice a week
- Complete loadout tickets for customers on every transaction
- Maintain clean and tidy yard including mowing grass, clearing garbage, levelling gravel, etc.
Agronomist Intern Scouting Program Participant
- Responsible for crop scouting three of your own fields throughout the growing season
- Consult regularly with your local Agronomist, ACE, and/or Agronomy Lead before and after scouts
- Use all technology and tools, including AgWorld, to track your scouts
- Assist with crop scouting as directed by Agronomy Lead, Agronomy Consulting Expert (ACE) and/or Agronomist
agPROVE Trial Program
- Execution and maintenance of field signing initiative
- Assist with applying, scouting or capturing data from a trial field, as needed
- Assisting in field days and customer tour days of trial fields
Role Shadowing & Continued Development
- Ride-alongs and role shadowing other roles in the company including Account Managers and Ag Innovation Leads.
- Actively participate in the Winfield United Agronomy & Intern Training Program
Simplot Grower Solutions Team Member
- Contribute to and maintain a positive attitude in the workplace
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner in and out of the workplace
- Keep and maintain confidentiality of all customers and Simplot Grower Solutions business
- Ensure all licenses are up to date and in compliance with provincial and municipal regulations
- Be familiar with and live the values that are defined by the Simplot Grower Solutions
- Set, maintain, and live high ethical and moral standards
- Support safety practices and initiatives as set by safety officer and ensure safe driving habits
- Demonstrate respect and courtesy for all team members, customers, suppliers, and community
Enrolled in post-secondary education
- Cooperation & Teamwork
- Customer Service
- Development & Continual Learning
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Enrolled in post-secondary education
Duration: May 1 - August 31, 2024
- Manual dexterity and manual labour
- Agri-Industry Hours - overtime, as required
- Indoor and outdoor setting
- Interacts with upper and middle management, employees, and clients.
- Repetitive work
Job Requisition ID: 15595
Travel Required: None
Location(s): SGS Retail - Marengo
** Simplot Canada (II) Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at [email protected].