Who We Are
Trusscore is a material science company focused on developing sustainable building materials.
We're starting a journey to change the way people build buildings and the environmental footprint left behind when they do. Already an established innovative building materials manufacturing company, Trusscore is now preparing to take things to the next level by focusing on R&D and bringing innovative material science to our formulations—making our products functional and beautiful.
As one of the leading polymer panel manufacturers in North America, we are dedicated to environmental sustainability and make it a focus of our manufacturing process. We succeed by manufacturing and delivering the best in high-value, zero-waste, quality products in an ever-evolving marketplace. By integrating innovative material science into products to meet new demands we will leave traditional alternatives behind.
Building on a winning track record of 300% revenue growth over the past 5 years, we need the right talent to take the next big steps.
Our mission is to build a materials science company for sustainable building materials. With Trusscore’s meteoric growth over the past several years, the scale and scope of new processes and systems has expanded significantly; as a Technical Program Manager, you will be joining a team at the hub of collaboration driving their development and implementation.
You will be responsible for pragmatically engineering new and re-engineering existing technical business/operating processes to improve the ease and efficiency of cross-functional activities within Trusscore. You will also lead the development and implementation of new systems, such as inspection, part marking, metrology, and data digitization, to improve manufacturing ease, quality, capacity, and efficiency. Your changes will impact the way people work, so you’ll have to earn the trust of stakeholders and suggest solutions that will persist long after you move on to your next initiative.
This role requires you to be both strategic and tactical, planning for and executing along side the team. It requires broad background experience and will further stretch your aptitude in engineering, manufacturing and quality systems, planning, scheduling, and communicating with internal & external stakeholders. Your success will be defined in terms of the quality and timeliness of driving projects to completion.
Join our mission and be a part of a team that is re-imagining sustainable building materials innovations and bringing them to the physical world.
- Manage projects through their full lifecycle, from initial concept through to roll-out and transition into operation; you are effective at project closeout, empowering operations to take over upon achieving steady-state
- Compile and communicate project requirements, resource needs and allocation, development plans and schedules, and project statuses throughout the project lifecycle; host checkpoint meetings with senior management to brief on progress and debate plans and prioritization
- As a people manager, you inspire, coach and direct team members, helping them navigate projects efficiently; you are self-aware of the team’s core competencies and load management, making trade-off decisions on internal vs. external resources required to execute projects in the interest of timeliness and success
- Conduct discovery interviews to compile process and system requirements with key cross-functional stakeholders; negotiate with them to align on the problem statement and proposed solution and deliver results without compromising the overall quality and timeliness of the final deliverables
- Prepare documentation for new processes and to support changes of existing processes, including current & future state mapping, value stream mapping, roles and responsibilities, and operating procedures/work instructions
- Generate compelling proposals, presentations, and reports with a business case and technical/financial analysis for senior management and government funding
- You articulate make-or-buy decisions to leadership when evaluating new system opportunities
- Scout vendors to identify, evaluate, and propose selection of new technologies against system requirements
- Strategize with team pilot studies to test, de-risk, and evaluate the capabilities of candidate systems
- Astutely organize cross-functional reviews of process and system requirements, design, technical and financial qualification, capabilities, and the decision-making process that guided the preferred proposed approach
- Familiar with the analysis of data related to equipment OEE, SPC, capability studies, and failure analysis to make data-driven decisions and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Comfortable working with ambiguity/abstractions
- A pacesetter, able to drive a team to perform with high productivity and focus
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in engineering, management science, operations research, or other STEM discipline
- 2-5 years of project or program management experience for complex hardware products or systems in a manufacturing company
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and quality
- Experience managing people; proven ability to coach, lead, and support their career development
- Experience working with enterprise information systems including PLM/CAD, ERP (NetSuite a plus), MES
- Experience introducing new processes and preparing process documentation
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma principles
- Understanding of process capability and equipment OEE
- Change management experience or new product introduction experience is a plus
- Experience with projects involving the implementation of inspection, part marking, metrology, digital/automation manufacturing systems is a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Ability to understand complex multi-disciplinary technical topics
- Proficient with MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Organized and efficient, detail-oriented
- Strong ability to address multiple tasks simultaneously to manage projects effectively
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Strong data management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Self-starter with a bias towards action
Work Location: Kitchener, Ontario
- Hybrid working from the office and from home until such time as return to the office company policies change
- Must be willing to work at Palmerston location occasionally whenever required to support your project(s) and direct reports
- Occasional travel may be required to support offsite operations and direct reports at other Trusscore facilities, at contract manufacturers, to visit suppliers or for other business reasons