Requisition ID: 177383
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: Retail - Pharmacy
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia
Location: 2754 Halifax Shopping Centre Lawtons Pharmacy
Postal Code: B3L 2H8
Sobeys Inc. is a growing Canadian company. We are a market leader in grocery and pharmacy that operate under multiple banners spanning over 1500 stores in communities across the country. Our family of over 134,000 teammates and franchise affiliates are on a mission to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our teammates.
Our national pharmacy team is proudly Canadian, with pharmacies from coast to coast in our various banners. Depending on your province you would recognize us as Sobeys, Safeway, Thrifty Foods, Foodland, Lawtons Drugs or FreshCo.
Ready to Make an impact?
We are passionate about taking care of the health and well-being of individuals and families our communities.
As a regulated professional licenced with the provincial college of pharmacy you’ll be an essential part of our pharmacy team that’s committed to providing exceptional patient-centered care and exceeding patients' expectations. We are looking for friendly, knowledgeable, and professional individual to conduct the authorized duties of the technician as imposed by individual Provincial Pharmacy Regulatory Bodies.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
RPT’s will have independent authority, responsibility, and liability to prepare, process and compound prescriptions including:
- Receiving and transcribing verbal prescriptions from practitioners
- Ensuring prescriptions are complete and authentic
- Providing injections/vaccinations as applicable by regulations in certain jurisdictions
- Transferring prescriptions to and receiving prescriptions from other pharmacies
- Ensuring the accuracy of prepared prescriptions
- Conducting the final check of prepared prescriptions
- Confirming the accuracy of drug and personal health information in patient records
What you have to offer:
- Completion of the Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
What we have to offer:
- A competitive total compensation package that will vary by role and location
- Flexible work life arrangements to meet your lifestyle needs
Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization.Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Location: 2754 Halifax Shopping Centre Lawtons Pharmacy, Halifax
Job Type: Full-time
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- Are you a Registered Pharmacy Technician in Nova Scotia?
- Are you injection certified?
Work Location: In person