The Project Manager is an integral member of the project management office (PMO) team, responsible for project execution success. As a Project Manager, you will provide leadership in the successful delivery of projects that are ran under the PMO, ensuring strong project communication, integration, meeting project scope, cost, schedule and quality objectives throughout the project life cycle.
Duties and responsibilities
- Initiates and integrates project across all functional groups including Customer’s team.
- Identifies key project stakeholders and manages project stakeholder’s expectations within the project business case constrains.
- Establishes communication channels and distributes key project information to provide a communication bridge between the project team and the Customer.
- Collects project requirements, develops scope definition and establishes high level project goals and objectives for the project team in alignment with project contract documents and the Customer.
- Develops project cost and schedule baseline ensuring commitments from functional groups.
- Tracks and manages project critical path activities and deliverables.
- Provides project leadership and manages project execution.
- Ensure project quality objectives are met by developing quality plan and performing quality checks (e.g. specification approvals, Factory & Site acceptance equipment tests).
- Reports project progress to the Senior Management.
- Monitors project risk and recommends mitigation strategies. Undertakes initiatives to exploit opportunities to increase project value to the company and the Customer.
- Monitors and manages project changes and where appropriate issues Change Notices for Customer Approval.
- Approves project invoicing according to the milestone payment schedule and work completed.
- Monitors project cash flow and spending.
- Initiates, manages or delegates management of subcontracts and subcontracted deliverables.
- Collaborates with Functional Managers to meet project resource requirements while ensuring optimum resource allocation across multiple PMO projects is achieved.
- Performs project close out according to the contractual acceptance criteria.
- Excellent and experienced communicator at all levels of organization
- Well organized with positive approach to Company’s standards and departmental policies
- Excellent documentation maintenance skills
- Relentless drive for continuous improvement and cost savings
- Hand-on approach to problem solving with find the root cause and “dig deep” analysis attitude
- Practices rigorous objectivity & Cultivates balanced optimism
- Knowledge seeker and unbiased facts source with coaching skills
- Strong user of MS Excel
- Good, working knowledge of MS Project
- Good, working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Good grasp of ERP and Purchasing systems
- Technical College or University Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering a must
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Project Manager in a custom automation industry
- Training in Project Management a strong asset
- Training in Quality a strong asset
- P.Eng. or PMP an asset
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work alone or as a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$125,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person