Receptionist - Modspace by Armour Group
The Armour Group Limited is one of the leading construction and development companies in Atlantic Canada. With its dedicated team of professionals, The Armour Group continues a proud history of creating a sense of place in Nova Scotia – carefully designing, developing, constructing and operating some of our region’s most iconic buildings. With more than 45 years of history in our region, this family-owned firm remains committed to a principled approach to development, ensuring that our buildings are environmentally sustainable and integrated into the communities they serve. If you share our values and would like to work with skilled professionals, Armour is presently seeking a Receptionist to join our Modspace team in Bedford. Catering to today’s evolving workspace needs, Modspace sets a modern, highly-professional standard for co-working office space by providing an elevated experience in prime locations throughout the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM).
Working closely with and reporting to the General Manager, Modspace, the Receptionist will be client-facing and the first point of contact on-site at our Bedford location. The Receptionist will be working towards maintaining a professional community and a sense of place. The successful candidate can achieve this by providing a professional and friendly customer service experience as well as delivering an exceptional first impression. They will serve as a resource for clients seeking information, assistance, or recommendations, and will provide exceptional service by professionally greeting clients, communicating clearly and effectively, taking pride in the appearance of the space, and enjoying a professional business environment.
- Effectively cover Receptionist desk at our Modspace facility
- Answers telephone system with a strong focus on customer service and ensures appropriate distribution of calls
- Ensure office space is clean and tidy including kitchen facilities and common space areas
- Ensure kitchen is stocked with appropriate goods including coffee, water etc.
- Scanning, photocopying, filing, and faxing
- Types and formats letters and reports
- Ensures office supplies are stocked, ordering new items as needed
- Coordinates cellphone and business card setup for new employees
- Conducts data entry and completes administrative duties
- Ensures the confidentiality of files and possesses the highest level of personal integrity
- Recommends improvements in work flow and procedures within administration
- Helps maintain administrative support systems and procedures for the office
- Prepares correspondence and documents, ensuring compliance
- Review and professionally respond to email inquiries
- Order stationary as approved, and unpack and distribute as they are received
- Electronically file invoices in an organized manner
- Coordinate and arrange for courier deliveries as needed
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Distribute, track and file purchase orders (PO’s)
- Assist in managing Outlook calendars as needed
- Assist with other administration duties as required
Key Attributes and Competencies:
- Ability to work independently and remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Ability to move basic office items and objects (small furniture, kitchen supplies, office supplies, parcels and packages etc.)
- Flexible to work at different locations throughout the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM)
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to operate basic office equipment
- 1-2 years’ prior work experience in a receptionist or customer focused role is preferred
- High school diploma; post-secondary education is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and other IT equipment and systems
The Armour Group Limited is a family business valuing a commitment to excellence, high performance, accountability, integrity, and teamwork. We are looking for diligent people to join our team who share our values, work ethic and passion for building community.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to [email protected]. The Armour Group Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
The Armour Group is an equal opportunity employer. While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bedford, NS B4B 0V2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Receptionist: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-02