ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain a leader in the testing services industry and have established a distinguished reputation for providing best in class results and client services.
ALS Environmental, Waterloo
About the Position:
The Laboratory Analyst 2 will be responsible for the preparation of samples tested in the LC/MS Department, operating LC-MS/MS instrumentation and assuring quality control and turnaround times for reported test results.
- Sample preparation for analysis done in the LC-MS/MS lab;
- Prepare calibration and quality control standards, duplicates and spike samples within the batches;
- Organize workload to meet Turn Around Times (TAT’s) and hold times;
- Carry out all required record-keeping, documentation, quality control procedures as SOP and/or Policies state;
- Perform instrument sequence setup and review of data;
- Perform data processing and reporting using EvoLIMS & Excel spreadsheets as required;
- Adhere to strict QA/QC requirements and all associated policies;
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs);
- Assist in Internal Audits and method reviews;
- Provide competent training to other analysts;
- Order required supplies to ensure adequate stock levels;
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe workspace;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be well organised and able to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Must be a careful and meticulous worker;
- Data entry skills required.
- Completion of diploma or degree in chemistry or related field;
- Related lab experience an asset (HPLC, LC/MS, analysis of pharmaceuticals and personal care products);
- Minimum 2 years lab experience.
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
- Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required;
- Ability to stand for a full shift;
- You may be exposed to unpleasant odours;
- Lift up to 30lbs and carry for short distances;
- Please note that ALS operates 24/7 and will require day, afternoon, and graveyard shift work including weekends.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued. We therefore encourage applications from all individuals; particularly women, First Nations, people with disabilities and visible minorities.
ALS also welcomes applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.