North Central Co-op invites applications for the position of Pharmacy Manager to join our team. The Pharmacy Manager will be accountable for the day-to-day operation of the Pharmacy within our Stony Plain Pharmacy location. This role reports to the Pharmacy Division Manager.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at northcentralco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
- Provide a high level of confidential pharmaceutical care, as well as value-add customer service that is consistent with the pharmacy operations standards
- Schedule, develop, coach, train and direct departmental personnel to ensure quality patient care standards are met consistently
- Maintain all department assets; accurately and efficiently administer the transfer of merchandise, maintain stock levels and inventory
- Lead a culture of safety through adherence to co-operative and legislative standards
- Ensure ordering, receiving and storage of merchandise is done in accordance with prescribed guidelines
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Pharmacy Pharmacy and:
- You have a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (B.Sc.Phm.) or a Doctorate. in Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) from a recognized institution
- You are a Pharmacist in good standing with the Alberta College of Pharmacy and be qualified to hold a pharmacy license
- You are registered on ACP’s Clinical Pharmacist Register or as a Pharmacist in another Canadian jurisdiction for the past two consecutive years or more
- In the past 5 years served as a licensee or the equivalent in a Canadian jurisdiction for at least one year, without being subject to discipline proceedings
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Retail Pharmacy Manager is an asset
- Additional Prescribing Authority (APA) is an asset
- Canadian Diabetes Educator Certificate is an asset
- Asthma Action Plan experience is considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team leadership skills
What we offer:
- Competitive salary including short-term incentives.
- A comprehensive benefits package including an employer-contributed pension plan.
- Licensure and continued education reimbursement.
- Opportunities for career growth and development.
- Wellness support resources and Perkopolis membership.
- Signing and retention bonuses.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation. We are invested in our team members as they are a key part of our business, serving the needs of Co-op members and customers.
North Central Co-op is located in Central Alberta – providing goods and services to our locations within Stony Plain, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, Spruce Grove, St. Albert, Legal and Sherwood Park. We are proud of our 100,000+ member-owners, our 600+ staff members throughout our 20+ Gas Bars, 1 Home Centre, 4 Cardlock/Bulk Fuel Stations, 5 Food Stores, 5 Liquor and 1 Administration Office, as well as future growth.
Please note successful applicants to this posting will be asked to adhere to a criminal record check and applications may be used to fill future vacancies within North Central Co-op’s trading area. If you are interested in this opportunity or future vacancies, please apply directly to our job board.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
People and Culture
North Central Co-operative