EmployAbilities is currently filling 1 full time 6 month position in Athabasca for an exciting project called GroundWORKS. GroundWORKS assists participants to gain entry level digital skills, pre-employment /life skills including reading, writing, numeracy, problem solving, online & in person communication skills, virtual collaboration/teamwork skills, adaptability, creativity and innovation, all the essential skills based on the Skills for Success nine key subjects.
The program is delivered in a hybrid module – ½ day virtual classes 3 days per week and an in-person training session offered once a week for a full day.
Start date - As soon as possible
Deadline for applications – will be advertised until a suitable candidate is found
- Model and promote the Agency values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, integrity and inclusiveness.
- Conduct initial client needs assessment to determine essential skills, transferable skills as well as skill level with virtual services, technological equipment needs and develop individual Service Plans
- Arrange for loan of laptops and other devices, complete paperwork and provide one to one orientation to the equipment for each client so that they are ready to participate in virtual training.
- Prepare and deliver a variety of group workshops in a virtual environment as well as in-person to provide clients the essential skills needed in today’s world.
- Create, monitor and revise client action plans based on agreed upon activities, schedule and results.
- Meet clients 1 on 1 to assist in identifying barriers, access necessary and appropriate interventions and social supports to realize service plan.
- Maintain in-house and government databases and case management files, client service statistics, and related documentation in a timely manner.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Rehabilitation, Personnel or Career Development.
- Previous experience in intake and assessment, case management, facilitation, and life skills coaching.
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations
- Skilled and comfortable with setting up clients with technology and expert at breaking down tasks and procedures to provide clarity using a virtual platform.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Google platforms and reliable internet.
- Required to have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Why Join the Team
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values_ collaboration, innovation, inclusion, compassion,and integrity_.
We provide an inclusive workplace with a highly engaged team that collaborates, supports, recognizes, and celebrates each others’ differences.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package with RRSP matching, a professional development allowance, fifteen (15) paid personal days, telework as appropriate, and many additional perks.
What Our Employees Have to Say
“I love my job and seeing how big of a difference we can make in people’s lives. I also am really thankful to have coworkers that genuinely care about one another and support each other.”
“Not only does EmployAbilities have good values, it demonstrates those values to clients and staff. It is the best environment that I have worked in, where my input is valued and all people are respected. EmployAbilities walks the talk.”
“I am finally doing what I have always wanted to do as a career. I love the fact I am helping change people’s lives one person at a time.”
“I love EmployAbilities, I've been here a long time because I still get excited when I tell people about EmployAbilities. I feel awesome about the work we do.”
How to Apply
Please submit your complete resume and cover letter as one document (in Word or PDF format) to: Human Resources - [email protected]. In the subject line, indicate GroundWORKS – Athabasca.
The deadline for submission is September 30, 2023.
EmployAbilities is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in our workforce and in our organizational practices. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
If you require accommodations at any time during the recruitment phase include that information in your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$48,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Athabasca, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person