Family Connections provides evidence-based group and care services to vulnerable children, youth (CYW) and young adults (CSW). We are transitioning to a CARE/TCI model. We believe in the preservation of the family unit, integrity of the individual and intrinsic strengths of the family as a basis for support and advocacy. Family Connections believes that all children and youth have the right to be respected and included in all aspects of their care, and provides compassionate and relational services to our young people. We are very excited to have an opportunity for new energetic and passionate CYW and CSW workers to join our team!
In your role you will:
· Connect with and develop helping relationships with children and youth with complex and challenging behaviors.
· Provide relational, culturally-proficient care to children and youth from various cultures and religions, and remain sensitive to the unique needs of LGBTQ+ and Indigenous identified youth.
· Work with the individual and their support teams to identify and achieve their goals.
· Evaluate and respond to the needs of client in a timely, professional manner.
· Completion of daily documentation in the form of log notes, critical incident reports and other professionally written reports as required.
· Administer medication as required.
· Participate in personal professional development and regular clinical supervision.
· Perform administrative and cleaning duties relating to the operation of the home.
· Assist clients in the development of healthy life and social skills.
We offer several trainings:
· Abuse Protocol
· Positive Behaviour Support
· Medical Administration
· Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
· Foundations of Care
· Mental Health First Aid
Thank you for your interest in a position with Family Connections Inc. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*To increase your chance of success obtaining employment, please attach or forward your Criminal Record Check and Intervention Record Check.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- Every Weekend
- Weekends only
PPE is provided at all sites. We do have a dedicated COVID/Crisis staff to address any concerns.
- What is the date on your last Criminal Record Check?
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person