ABCO is presently seeking a Project Engineer - Food Machinery to join our growing team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Project Engineer will be responsible for engineering, project management and design support for the Food Machinery division. International travel is a requirement for the role.
· Project management and coordination of multiple projects from initial customer conception to after sales follow-up components of a project.
· Supporting the Food Machinery sales division by developing conceptual drawings, specifications and proposals.
· Technical assistance supporting new products/markets in sales, process design, machine design, estimating, quality assurance, fabrication, equipment installation, equipment troubleshooting, customer training, customer liaison, and other technical services as directed.
· Provide technical assistance to Research and Development activities when needed.
· Provide technical assistance in manufacturing and process improvements and technology advancements.
· Technical assistance supporting asset acquisition, disposition, repair or maintenance.
· Conducting all activities and working within project budgets, standard operating procedures and corporate quality standards.
· Staying current with profession; remain knowledgeable in new designs, competitors, and shop manufacturing methods, and machinery.
· Ensuring documentation is according to standards, requirements and processes.
· Commissioning, troubleshooting and assessing installed equipment.
· Traditional business hours.
· Majority of time in office setting with time spent in fabrication shops.
· Collaborating with various departments and team members.
· Training/mentorship provided.
· Engineering Degree majoring in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
· 2 + years’ mechanical design experience preferred.
· 2 + years’ of project management experience preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCad and Solid Works (or other 3D modeling software).
· Sound math and analytical skills.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Organized with strong attention to detail ensuring accuracy of completed product.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines.
· Excellent time management skills and trouble shooting skills.
· Flexibility to travel locally and internationally required.
In this role you will be a member of a well-established team, gaining experience at a medium sized company offering exposure to four distinct manufacturing branches. You will have the opportunity to enhance your skills through hands-on involvement in a variety of on site custom engineered equipment.
Benefits & Retention:
· Comprehensive Extended, Health & Dental Benefits.
· Matching Pension Program.
· Company Profit Sharing.
· Paid vacation.
· 1 additional ‘flex' day each year.
· Employee Assistance Program.
· Virtual Care.
· Training & education opportunities.
· Employee social events.
· Long term service awards.
· Free on-site parking.
· Employee materials purchase program.
Situated on the harbour of the UNESCO World Heritage town of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, ABCO Industries Inc. (ABCO) is a world-class supplier and manufacturer of engineering metal products with historic roots dating back to 1947.
Located on the original site of ‘Camp Norway’, a Norwegian military training facility built during WWII, ABCO operations are housed in a 42,000 sq ft facility with four distinct manufacturing branches including Food Machinery, Marine, Environmental, and Industrial. Each division is managed and supported by experienced, knowledgeable specialists who are steadfast in designing, constructing, installing, and commissioning best in class products. With 75 years experience, this locally owned firm remains committed to providing our customers with the highest standard of quality and value while ensuring innovative, customized design solutions.
ABCO is committed to the health and safety of all employees, and we are proud of our diligent safety culture. Our personnel adhere to all company health and safety procedures, always striving to keep ABCO safe and accident free.
To learn more about ABCO Industries Inc. please visit our website at www.abco.ca.
Please submit your cover letter and up-to-date resume as a Word or PDF document within referencing Project Engineer - Food Machinery in the subject line. Please include your wage expectation within your cover letter.
All applications will be reviewed by our recruitment team. If the ABCO opportunity (current or future) matches your skills and experience, we will contact you to discuss the role further.
ABCO is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for your interest however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: In person