The estimated salary range provided by Indeed is not reflective of the actual salary. Wesgroup Properties offers a highly competitive salary and total compensation package. Details of the total compensation package, including salary, will be discussed during the confidential phone interview portion of our screening
Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 60 years ago and today is one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate companies with a diversified portfolio spanning across residential and commercial real estate. Wesgroup owns and manages over 3.2 million square feet of commercial and multi-family real estate and has built more than 7,000 homes in 100 communities. With the active projects in our development pipeline, the portfolio will grow to over 7 million square feet over the next six years. Our operations are vertically integrated, encompassing land acquisition, construction, finance, design, marketing, sales, leasing, and property management. We have a long history of looking forward and we are dedicated to conducting business in line with our values of adaptability, accountability, relationships, and observing The Golden Rule without fail.
This role will be responsible for overseeing projects and effectively managing site activities. This individual must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals and consultants while successfully directing the sub-contractors and other construction related personnel. Planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the construction documents, schedule and budget. This position will work closely with the Sr. Vice President, Construction and fulfill an integral role on the project. This candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with multi-family high rise residential related type projects.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Implementing project phasing & sequencing plans, budgeting and tendering/negotiation with client/trades.
- Schedule development and planning
- Value engineering, procurement and consultant / city coordination
- Responsible for all aspects of construction management for the client from pre-construction planning and design, QS budgeting, facilitating development and construction related permits
- Provide sequential tendering and schedule
- Performing day to day construction management duties
- Finalize post construction close out
- Provide business development support for marketing of new opportunities
- Responsible for all levels and stages of project management including initial bid scopes, writing and managing subcontractor contracts, developing and maintaining general detail level schedules, lead meetings and maintain forecast budgets.
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, schedule, potential cost saving measures and possible construction problems;
- Effective communication with Design Team, City Officials and Trades. Coordinate all required municipal inspections;
- Control and monitor labor, material, equipment and site expenses.
- Handling and assisting with other matters as may be requested by the Senior VP Construction from time to time.
What we offer:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Building Technology or Construction Management
- 5+ years experience in Construction in a Project Management capacity preferred years’ experience with multi-family high rise residential projects
- Knowledge and understanding of B.C. building code and regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Effective communication skills at all level
- Ability to read and interpret contract specifications, drawings and other construction documents.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize work load and stay on top of things as the project demands increase
- Self-motivated with strong willingness and ability to learn and be challenged
- Strong interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities
- Works effectively in a team environment
- A fun and inclusive culture supported by an employee-led Culture Committee with sponsorship from the President, providing you with opportunities to participate in group workouts, team sports, company-wide social events or celebrations, and other great initiatives.
- The Wesgroup Store, stocked with amazing name-brand apparel and items to purchase using points earned for milestones, participation, and going above and beyond.
- A competitive compensation package with robust and extensive health benefits including a generous Health Care Spending Account.
- A Lifestyle Spending Account which includes coverage for fitness, daycare, and eldercare costs.
- Wesgroup supports a broad range of community initiatives through donations and employee volunteer activities, including paid days off to volunteer your time each year.
- Stocked kitchens with healthy (and not-so-healthy!) snacks, fresh organic fruit, sparkling water, and a wide range of dairy alternatives for your beverage needs.
- A brand-new, beautifully designed office downtown, across from the Burrard sky train station.
If you are interested in exploring this exciting opportunity to join one of Western Canada’s largest real estate companies, please visit our website at www.wesgroup.ca/careers/ and apply with your resume and cover letter today!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.