Intermediate Project Manager
- Reporting to the Project Director, the Project Manager oversees and directs all aspects of his/er assigned project(s). From the award of the project, through drafting and design, take off and breakdown, to production, delivery and installation, the Project Manager ensures the project meets all schedules in a timely manner and within prescribed budgets. Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Architectural Technology, Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
- Working towards a Project Management Professional Certification is an asset.
Years of Experience
- Minimum 3-4 years of Project Management experience
- Building Envelope knowledge, including window wall, curtain wall, railings, and cladding is an asset.
- On site work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks that require knowledge of and adherence to basic safety procedures and precautions.
- Work environment requires wearing PPE for all site work and in certain other locations
- At times, requires driving to visit sites, or clients
- Full Health and Safety training required (Working at Heights, WHMIS)
- Follow Health and Safety standards on site
- Flexible to work overtime as required
- Ability to release requets if deemed necessary
- Lead the project effectively by following company standards and protocol with the Engineering Manager's supervision
- Detail oriented with the ability to read architectural drawings
- Knowledgeable in the industry and knows about hte products and systems
- Ability to act a mentor to Junior Project Coordinators and Junior Project Managers
- Communication with coworkers daily by telephone, email and in person
- Ability to take on a few larger projects
- Discretion, judgement, and tact to handle confidential information
- Ability to make decisions after consulting with the Engineering Manager
- Demonstate State's core values and work in a team environment
- Work independently with minimal supervision
Job Specific Duties
- Study the project (scope of work, specifications and other tender documents) and identify any discrepancies
- Review the project contract at project start up
- Prepare the schedule showing milestone dates (critical path), i.e., shop drawing submittal date, material take off, and first delivery date.
- Review samples with coordinator prior to requesting to supplier
- Arrange meetings, as required, including:
- Scope of Work meeting before shop drawing start;
- Material Take Off meeting before ordering the material;
- Project Start up Meeting;
- Kick Off meeting as early as first floor has been measured;
- Special meeting deemed necessary due to new design or new product
- Project close out meeting
- Send Requests for Information (RFI's) to the Construction Manager to clarify discrepances or ask coordinator to send it
- Access Bridget to view deficiencies as required
- Review meeting minutes completed by coordinators
- Be proactive and check all conditions that will have potential issues in the future and provide solutions
- Review shop drawings prior to sending to the engineer for approval
- Ensure monthly billings and sub-contractor's invoices are submitted on a regular basis
- Coordinate mock-up where one is required
- Double check material and parts take off prior to releasing to purchasing
- Update the Project summary tracker as per the resposibility matrix
- Ensure final door sizes and frit-glass information are given to purchasing ahead of time to avoid delay in delivery
- Request and follow up with the Field Manager and/or Site Superintendent to mark up shop drawings showing latest vent box, electrical, and lighting requirements including the physical sample
- Request and follow up with the Field Manager for site measurements if project is not guaranteed
- Check breakdown and ensure parts are released per the production schedule, taking into consideration products with longer lead times
- Inform the Engineering Manager if schedule cannot be met due to certain issue(s) immediately.
- Complete request form accurately to track order and work for any missing, broken, remake, service, extra, on-hold windows
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties, if necessary to meet deadlines
- Work closely with Field Managers and other site staff to assist in resolving outstanding issues and to track schedule
- Provide CCO through Procore for client review & approval
- Attend, as required, scheduled consultant, coordination, and site meetings
- Represent SWC, as requested, in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and suppliers
- Any other tasks assigned by the manager.