Founded in Montreal in 1991, DEX is a Canadian-based women’s contemporary fashion mainstay specialized in timeless, yet modern everyday pieces that maximizes comfort and quality with every stitch.
Our newly renovated office will make your workspace Patternmaker and Fit & Spec Product Specialist for complex Ladies WOVEN garments. Jacket, Tailoring, Dresses.
In House fittings on live models and flexible work hours from home.
* Only Candidates with experience working with DXF patterns will be contacted. *
· Prepare garment spec sheet /technical pack that is balanced and proportional to the sketch and/ or sample according to Dex fit standards and design vision.
- strong knowledge of trends and fit.
- strong design aesthetic and fashion knowledge.
· Execute garment from Initial costing spec to Top sample verification.
· Do fittings on live model with Category designer.
· Provides suppliers with a detailed and complete report of modifications required (Measurements, explanation of corrections, picture and pattern as backup) within assigned deadlines.
· Verification and correction of pattern when required.
· Excellent knowledge of grading.
· Keeps the workflow list up-to-date at all times.
· Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Fit Technician for ladies’ apparel
· Excellent understanding of design.
· Strong knowledge of garment construction, pattern making skills an asset.
· Ability to effectively communicate design intent and fit corrections to factories by interpreting words into sketches.
· Technical and Detail oriented.
· Excellent knowledge of Excel and Outlook. Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop an asset.
· Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong time management and multitasking skills.
· Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
· Have a positive, collaborative, proactive approach.
· Be open minded and able to adapt.
· Ability to work in a team, as well to work independently
We thank you in advance for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Freelance, Part-time
Part-time hours: 30 per week
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Fit technician: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-05-01