Looking for your next opportunity in the fast-paced and exciting field of automotive manufacturing? Look no further!
Join our team as our newest Design Engineering Supervisor!
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Review of customer data files to determine feasibility and tooling costs.
- Generate part flow through automated work station.
- Design of tube bending, forming, coining, piercing, broaching, machining and swaging components for automated work cells and prototype tooling.
- Creation of detailed drawings and BOM’s using Solidworks and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of appropriate materials and processes for design applications.
- Sourcing and coordination of raw material and components for tooling builds.
- Assist in initial and production cell trials and problem diagnostics.
- Estimate of tooling cost for quotations and engineering changes.
- Creation of hydraulic and Pneumatic schematics for automated work cells.
- Print review including GD & T, for new jobs and engineering changes.
- Responsible for effectively implementing Health and safety Policies/Procedures
- Review the Accidents/Investigation reports to ensure that the corrective actions for prevention have been taken.
- Responsible for training the employees in the department on the Health and Safety policies/procedures and all other training required with appropriate records.
- Attend meetings as required – to support, provide and cooperate in all matters of Continuous Improvement initiatives.
What are we looking for?
- Post- Secondary education in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 yrs. experience with Design of tube forming, stamping and/or metal cutting equipment.
- Significant CAD (Solidworks preferred)Knowledge of internal Health and Safety Policy and/or Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Strong mechanical abilities and machine shop background.
- Proficiency on CAD.
- Customer and internal personal skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Leadership and organizational skills
We offer a pension plan and comprehensive benefits package including prescription, vision, dental, and much more!
If this sounds like what you’ve been looking for, apply today!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We are also committed in compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person