VRS has been creating housing solutions and services for clients in British Columbia for 50 years. Our story is one rooted in integrity, perseverance and inspiration. Beginning our journey as a non-profit serving persons with disabilities, we now proudly serve thousands of individuals throughout the province including seniors and families. At VRS we believe in building communities where everyone experiences belonging, growth and independence. A non-profit with a true business model, we answer to you not shareholders. Our clients will always come first, above all else, and continue to be our purpose and investment to this important work.
GROUP HOME SITE SUPERVISOR JOB SUMMARY:
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Group Home Site Supervisor is responsible for the development, coordination, and evaluation of all activities relating to the day-to-day care of the clients.
Responsibilities include functioning as part of the management team in relation to supervision and scheduling of staff, liaison/communication with clients, client families, associated health care agencies as well as the organization and supervision of the daily operation of the site.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops, implements, controls and evaluates the site’s goals and objectives. Ensures compliance of the Society’s policies and procedures and that required standards are maintained.
2. Co-ordinates the administration of the site, developing organizational systems to reflect the sites role.
3. Develops necessary documentation and reporting systems to maintain accurate records and communication for the site.
4. Maintains budget control by implementing the management policies and procedures of purchasing, ordering, stock, inventory control and petty cash.
5. Carries out all routines and procedures to maintain a clean, safe and pleasant environment for the clients and co-workers.
6. Assists clients as necessary with activities of daily living including bathing, personal hygiene, grooming, toileting and dressing.
7. Tends to laundry, housekeeping and food service duties as required and time permits.
8. Observes and reports any changes or concerns in a client’s behaviour or medical problems to the Director Client Services.
9. Trains, supervise, evaluate, and disciplines staff. Defines duties, organizes workloads and arranges staffing to ensure adequate operation of the site.
10. Provides reports to the Director of Human Resources on staff, clients, and site progress and concerns as requested.
11. Provides clients with gentle, respectful, and safe care at all times.
12. Follows individual client care plans. Aware of any clients with food allergies or sensitivities.
13. Ensures clients’ right of privacy and confidentiality are maintained. Ensures that proper security procedures are followed in the handling and storage of any confidential material.
14. Participates as a member of the management teams by attending meetings, supporting continuous quality improvement objectives, and serving on Committees as required.
15. Ensures that the site’s operations comply with all required Health and Safety and other government standards and regulations and maintains a professional relationship with these agencies.
16. Maintains a current knowledge of, and complies with all, Society, Governmental, and Licensing’s policies and procedures as required.
17. Performs other related duties as required.
- Must possess demonstrated skills in being able to manage, direct, advise, and instruct support staff in the execution of quality care to clients.
- Must possess demonstrated skills to administer all elements of a program involving its residential clientele, personnel, physical plant and properties, record-keeping and other requirements as determined by the Employer, its funding/licensing agents, client families, social agencies, and others.
- Must pass a Criminal Records Check for the vulnerable sector.
- Vent training an asset
- Must hold a valid BC drivers license
- Minimum Grade 12 High School completion or equivalent, and/or minimum of 1-year post-secondary education in a related field
- Active LPN licence is considered an asset
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience supervising in a related health care field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Must possess the personal qualities and attitudes that respect and maintain the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents.
- Must be in good health, free from any communicable diseases and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties in the working environment.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, organize departmental operations, supervise subordinates and evaluate the effectiveness of the site.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relations by displaying tact, courtesy and patience.
- Must have the ability to safely and efficiently operate equipment associated with the duties of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$36.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
All applicants must be vaccinated with at least two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you vaccinated with at least 2 doses of the COVID vaccine?
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- supervising in health care: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person