We are growing! Do you want to be a part of an organization that is fully member-owned, sustainable and believes in initiatives that benefit the community? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? North Central Co-op is located in Central Alberta – providing goods and services to our locations within Stony Plain, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, Spruce Grove, St. Albert, Legal and Sherwood Park. We are proud of our 100,000+ member-owners, our 650+ staff members throughout our 20+ Gas Bars, 1 Home Centre, 4 Cardlock/Bulk Fuel Stations, 5 Food Stores, 6 Liquor locations and 1 Administration Office, as well as future growth.
We invite applications for the position of part-time Pharmacist (32+ hours w/benefits) to join our team at our Pharmacy location in Stony Plain, AB. The successful candidate must be available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. as well as Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with the ability to help out at other locations as required.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at northcentralco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
- Abide by the laws and ethical principles governing pharmacy practice to provide a high level of patient care and safety.
- Exercise professional judgement and practice within federal, provincial, legal, and regulatory requirements, the provincial code of ethics, standards of practice, and policies, being able to demonstrate professional integrity, upholding a high level of professional standards.
- Provide patient focused services and professional advice/counselling on prescriptions and over-the-counter medications, and health related issues to patients.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with health care professionals in the community to ensure optimal patient care.
- Provide oversight to Pharmacy Technicians, and Pharmacy Assistance in the delivery of medication, advise, counselling, and assistance to patients.
- Assist in the management of inventory, including the ordering of prescription (dispensary) pharmaceutical products, and over-the-counter (OTC) merchandise.
- Responsible for all activities related to the procurement, safekeeping, and disbursement of all narcotics and controlled substances.
Why it matters:
Unlike traditional businesses, we're owned by our members—the same people who use our products and services. When we are profitable, our member-owners and their communities benefit. This unique business model sets us apart and makes us truly different.
Working at Co-op gives you the opportunity to do work that truly matters. Our commitment to our members and the community means that we strive to make a positive impact every day. We believe that our success should be shared, and we work hard to create value for our communities.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Pharmacy and:
- You hold a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (B.Sc.Phm.) or a Doctorate in Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) from a recognized institution.
- You have experience within a retail pharmacy.
- You have a pharmacy license to practice and in good standing with the Alberta College of Pharmacy with Additional Prescribing Authority (APA).
- Canadian Diabetes Educator Certificate and Asthma Action plan experience would be
- You have strong leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
- You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
Please note that successful applicants will be required to adhere to a criminal record check and applications may be used to fill future vacancies within North Central Co-op’s trading area. If you are interested in this opportunity or future vacancies, please apply directly to our job board. Posting will remain open until filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
People & Culture
North Central Co-operative