If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a HEALTH SERVICES MANAGER to join our PARKLAND AT THE GARDENS team based in HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Access to virtual healthcare 24/7 for FREE through the group health benefit plan
- RRSP program (with employer matching)
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Access to thousands of vendors offering perks and discounts through our WorkPerks program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Plans, coordinates, administers and evaluates resident care services related to allied health, recreation & wellness activities and provides clinical expertise
- Provides leadership and oversight to all departmental activities to ensure compliance to policies, procedures, and applicable legislation
- Oversees the recruitment, training, and orientation of new team members
- Monitors and manages performance and provides coaching
- Ensures that the team adheres standards from the Nova Scotia college of Nurses, as well as Shannex policies and procedures
- Organizes continuous quality improvement, risk management and quality assurance activities
- Encourages and promotes relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you:
- Are a Registered Nurse: Bachelor of Science in Nursing; Masters of Nursing or equivalent preferred
- Are currently licensed with the Nova Scotia College of Nursing.
- Have worked in clinical and administrative environment for at least 7 years.
- Ability to effectively plan, direct and coordinate resident care services with the needs of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and performance manage others
- Consistently demonstrates excellence in customer service to all stakeholders
- Have a passion for the healthcare sector and/or ensuring seniors have access to quality accommodations, services, and care.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For 35 years, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, and a home care division of team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.