We are looking for in-home and in-community support workers to work directly with families and youth with developmental disabilities in the Spruce Grove area. We are searching for experienced support workers who are looking for engaging and dynamic opportunities.
The youth support worker will help plan, structure, and implement activities as well as provide personal support to the youth at home and in the community.
All positions are with youths and families with Family Managed Support agreements. Inclusion Alberta will NOT be your employer. The youth support worker will report to and be employed/contracted directly to the family of the youth.
*Please note: This is a part-time position requiring working hours of, Mondays from 11:00am - 2:00pm and Tuesdays & Thursdays from 11:00am to 3:00pm. Do not apply if you are unavailable for these hours.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide care and support to the youth with disabilities and their families
- Assist with daily living activities, including personal care, meal preparation, and medication reminders
- Engage in recreational activities and outings with individuals to promote socialization and community integration
- Follow individualized care plans and ensure the safety and well-being of the individuals at all times
- Document observations, incidents, and progress notes accurately and timely
- Communicate effectively with individuals, families, and other team members
- Possess a minimum of 1 year previous experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Have knowledge of person-centered care approaches and strategies
- Have thy to adapt to different communication styles and needs of individuals
- Have strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with individuals and families
- Have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Have 2 million dollars liability insurance
- Have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation ability
- Have a current PIC with a vulnerability sector check
- Have current first aid/CPR certification
NOTE: This Job description is not all-inclusive of duties and responsibilities. The Youth Support Worker may be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Applications without a resume will not be considered.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Spruce Grove, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Support Worker: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person