FIELD SERVICES TECHNICIAN
A BIT ABOUT US
We are an award-winning Canadian technology company founded in 2016, enthusiastic about smart communities, and we are pretty proud of having created the segment in Canada. Our innovative and proprietary IoT based solutions connect hundreds of smart homes together through a dedicated network to create a smart technology platform that enhances the experience and quality of life for homeowners in multi-unit residential buildings.
Our product has created quite the buzz, so we need to add a Field Service Technician who shares our passion for innovative technology, social impact for good, and the thrill of helping companies grow.
About the Role
As a Field Service Technician, you will work on-site at our customers’ locations to install, configure, evaluate, and support the SmartONE system. You will work with sales, construction, and property management teams to deliver working solutions, resolve any issues that arise, and coordinate with the SmartONE team and other teams to deliver a successful project that will elevate the experience of our customers.
· The SmartONE system installs in a similar fashion to traditional security systems and the main responsibility of this role is to install, configure, and evaluate the SmartONE system on-site in a construction environment, as well as in simulated environments (SmartONE lab, Sales Centres, Research facilities)
· Terminate network cabling, Low Voltage wiring, and configure SmartONE hardware and networking equipment following the provided guidelines.
· Follow the site construction schedule, work with different participating trades as required, and attend onsite coordination and site meetings.
· Responsible for tracking, documenting, and resolving critical conversations and messages from our technical support interactions with clients and end-users.
· Assist with the management of inventory to ensure the availability of product on site.
· Maintain a log of all repairs and service performed, including an inventory of failed and damaged products.
· Replicate site issues in a controlled environment to troubleshoot and develop effective solutions. Interact with our internal/external vendors to report and solve issues.
· Consult user guides, technical manuals, and other documents to research and implement solutions, and to provide feedback for continuous improvement efforts.
· Provide advice and training to technical and non-technical users in response to identified difficulties.
· Collect, organize, and maintain lessons learned and “problems and solutions" log for use by other technical support analysts.
· Follow all health and safety requirements.
· Work closely with SmartONE Engineering team on project status, schedules, and product requirements.
· Communicate and interface with other departments and staff to review any ongoing projects or outstanding customer issues.
· Be available for support requirements, as needed, sometimes after hours.
· Communicate remotely and in-person with users experiencing difficulties to diagnose, troubleshoot and effectively solve issues promptly.
· Previous field or site installation experience with security systems, networks, or other low voltage wiring installations.
· Structured and organized. Capable of maintaining and clearing issues lists. Must also maintain written documentation, track, and save critical email communications.
· Should have a basic understanding of network technology, electronics, and a good understanding of mobile devices (iOS and Android).
· Effective time management skills
· Self-motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic with a passion for customer service
· Passion for technology and drive to work on or explore new functions in our lab is a key asset.
· Passion for solving problems and assisting others in solving technical issues
· Strong customer service skills
· Able to communicate well over the phone and email
· Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving abstract as well as a reliable vehicle.
· Must have visual acuity with ability to discern colours
SOME THINGS YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW
We are focused on three priorities: culture, imagination, and family. This is not just a place to work but it is an organization focused on the well-being of our team and their families. We already have a great core of passionate people just like you, who enjoy building stuff that matters. Because we value our team, we offer competitive base salaries, comprehensive benefits, and a brand-new office based in Richmond Hill!
SmartOne is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace. If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact us at [email protected] or (905) 617 0728 to make your needs known in advance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond Hill, ON L4B 3P6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person