Project Manager - Mining - ( 230001TL )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
We are seeking a Project Manager – Mining to reside in one of our Stantec offices. This role will support our US, Canada and South American mining teams in managing projects, building and mentoring teams, developing business and client relationships, and delivering quality work to internal and external clients. The Project Manager - Mining will report to the Business Practice Lead in the US Mining Business Center.
Your Key Responsibilities
The Project Manager – Mining must have good business awareness and acumen. They need to possess a competent understanding of Project Management Fundamentals and have a firm understanding of the relationship between project scope, costs, and schedule.
The core competencies for this position include:
- Capability to manage large disciplinary engineering projects, develop budgets, determine project scope, establish schedules, process appropriate paperwork, and interacting with clients
- Ability and desire to engage in business development in Latin American, the US and Canada (e.g., develop proposals and identify project opportunities)
- Provide mine, operations and financial expertise to our internal teams and external clients
- Assist in developing and expanding our role with new and existing clients
- Mange tasks and mentor, develop, and build our younger staff as required
- Direction and liaise with our South American team members in Spanish
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Diverse background in industrial and mining projects
- Proficient in the Spanish language, particularly in a mining context
- Understanding of contracts and various pricing structures for projects
- Previous experience with managing teams and customer relations across borders
- Attention to detail and strong QA/QC skills
- Understanding of project related risks
- Must be a team player and able to work with a variety of personalities
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within frequently changing priorities
- Must be willing and able to take initiative when needed
- Ability to travel as required for execution of existing and new business development and customer support work.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Education and Experience
- 8 years of experience in mining and industrial related projects
- BS degree in mining, civil, or geotechnical engineering required
- Project, operation, and cost improvement experience are beneficial
- Extensive experience in mine planning and associated software
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-North Bay, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 20, 2023, 1:21:36 PM
Req ID: 230001TL
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans