Business Unit 2: Defence
The Royal Military College of Canada (RMC) is Canada’s national military university based in Kingston, Ontario. RMC has within its mandate the provision to carry out research and other forms of support for the Department of National Defence (DND) and other government departments.
As part of this project, Calian has an exciting opportunity to support remotely research on Indigenous women experience in Canada. The purpose of this research will be to compile data and to synthesize knowledge acquired to highlight the issues and make information accessible to researchers and the public, to increase understanding and reduce systemic prejudice. The material gathered will then be placed in a bioecological framework for publication and possibly a website that summarizes the findings for use by researchers and educators.
The Research Technician will be responsible for the following:
- Gather publications on causes of violence towards Indigenous women
- Summarize information gathered
- Engage in oral and written dissemination of the material
- Identify additional references (not listed by the research team)
- Provide a written annotated bibliography (example will be provided)
- Engage in regular meetings to discuss findings
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in arts, Social Science, Humanities or Women Studies
- Proficient with MS Suite Office
- Ability to speak on meetings about the work they read
- Previous experience with Indigenous women challenges would be an asset