Ace Medical Clinic is seeking a Temporary Full-Time Medical Office Assistant to join our team (Maternity Leave coverage).
Temporary Position: October 2023 to September 2024 (30-40 hours per week).
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a wide range of administrative responsibilities for a Family Medicine clinic on a day-to-day basis. The Medical Office Assistant (MOA) plays a key role in ensuring accurate and timely information flow between physicians, patients and other healthcare professionals. To be successful in the MOA role, you must be detail-oriented, demonstrate an ability to multitask, have sound judgement and decision-making capabilities and demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support including but not limited to receiving and directing phone calls, scheduling appointments, checking-in patients, performing data entry and ensuring records are up-to-date
- Assist with referral processing, arrange laboratory and imaging services
- Prepare patients for examination, take vitals, and record patients' health history
- Prepare examination rooms and clean instruments
- Assist physician with medical treatments, procedures, and exams
- Manage inventory of supplies within the clinic
- Maintain cleanliness of medical clinic, including exam rooms and common areas
What you bring to the team:
- 1+ year(s) of related work experience in a medical or administrative environment.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records Systems
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patients and other external parties in a courteous and friendly manner at all times
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Firm grasp on administrative processes, and organizational policies
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to submit at least two references from previous work/volunteer experience.
Office Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Saturdays from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Hours Per Week: 35 - 40 hours per week. Due to the nature of the work, some Saturday shifts may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.25-$19.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ace Medical Clinic is dedicated to the protection of health for all staff, physicians and patients. In response to COVID-19, all employees must demonstrate proof of COVID-19 Full Vaccination prior to start date.
- Are you available to work Full-Time between the hours of 830 - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday?
- Medical Administration: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-12