An award winning non-profit social enterprise and registered charity, the mission of Potluck Café Society is to transform lives by creating jobs with on-the-job training for people facing barriers to traditional employment and improving access to healthy food for people living in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside (DTES).
Celebrating its 21st year, Potluck has moved into a new home at 298 E Hastings St and will be expanding its impact on the Downtown Eastside.
We are looking for a Social Programs Manager that encourages and supports teamwork and loves working in a collaborative environment
Reporting to Potluck’s Executive Director, the Social Programs Manager is responsible for developing, managing, and delivering Potluck’s Social initiatives.
- Assist the Executive Director in the planning, development and implementation of Social programs and initiatives that support Potluck’s strategic priorities in serving the DTES community.
- Responsible for the collection of data and reporting on Key Performance Indicators of programs.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and accounting to ensure transparent and accountable spending
- On completion of programs or for ongoing programs, prepares reports related to grants.
- Monitors and assess the systems and processes of program delivery to improve our programs efficiently and effectively
- Oversees maintenance of HR files and assists team with employment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and Executive Chef to recruit and train an enthusiastic and committed team.
- Manages program staff.
- Ensure program staff understand and Potluck’s mission and values, and can support its organizational goals
- Assists Operations when necessary.
· Delivering on Potluck’s mission of a supportive employer, works collaboratively to support staff who face barriers
- Provide clear communication between program needs, Operations and Kitchen.
Program & Funds Development
- Work closely with the Funds Development consultant and provides operational support in the management of Grants and Funds.
- Responsible for identifying and applying for grants based on Potluck’s Fund Development Program.
- Contributes to the development of budgets and forecasts.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to plan for, and regularly provide content that promotes awareness of Potluck’s Programs.
- Support the achievement of Potluck’s Social goals by developing and maintaining relationships with community partners.
- Produces monthly programming report and outcome reporting for funders
- Regularly Evaluates and provides reports to Executive Director on all programs.
- Maintains Program Dashboard.
- Responsible for report writing to funders
Skills & Qualifications:
- Skilled at working independently and collaborating with a team
- Ability to work with and demonstrate compassion towards individuals who face barriers to traditional employment
- Experience in non-profit program development will be an asset
- Minimum 4 years post-secondary education in a relevant field of study
- A valid driver’s license with a clean record
- Driver’s Abstract
- Ability to work flexible hours
Salary & Benefits:
· Salary will be commensurate with experience
· Potluck offers a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental care, health care spending account, mental health benefits, and life insurance
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person