Our diverse staff is our most valued resource. Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart.
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Responsible and accountable to the Manager of InterProfessional Practice for the provision of patient care, coordination of service delivery, education, professional/program development and quality assurance duties. You will be given the opportunity to provide excellent care in an interdisciplinary team setting. Area of Primary Responsibility will be with our acute care population.
- Graduate of an accredited university program in OT.
- Minimum B.Sc (OT) or equivalent required.
- License to practice with the College of Occupational Therapists and a member in good standing.
- MoCA (Montreal Cognitive Assessment) certification or a willingness to complete within 6 months.
- Minimum 2 years recent experience with geriatric, medical, orthopaedic, cardio respiratory and neurology adult patients.
- Post grad training in geriatrics, medicine, neurology and/or seating an asset.
- MoCA certification required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work and function effectively as an interdisciplinary team member required.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills required.
- Ability to navigate a constantly changing environmentnimbly and with ease required.
- Flexibility and demonstrated acumen with problem solving required.
- Willingness to participate/lead health service councils and task groups.
- Motivated to practice in accordance with the mission and vision of hospital/health service.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and personal development.
- Evening and weekend shifts may be necessary.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement ofthe job unless you have an exemption pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.