For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there. Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth.
Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more. We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire. Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
As a member of the Engineering team you will work on our programs such as Chorus Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Satellite, Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC), Square Kilometer Array (SKA) radio telescope, Aeronautical Navigation products, and Marine Insights products. You will work as part of a technical team to develop new capabilities, enhance existing capabilities and deliver solutions to our customers.
We are looking for a senior engineer who will provide the overall technical management on Geointelligence projects.
As Senior Systems Engineer, you will have the opportunity to establish ownership and demonstrate your abilities, including and/or supervising:
- Provide technical leadership to all production activities.
- Oversee all aspects of production activities in MDA Richmond facility including production setup, supplier liaison and management, personnel recruiting, training and management, manufacturing floor management and production management.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders / suppliers, MDA Richmond Facilities department, Shipping and Receiving department and MDA Customer PMO to manufacture the required product in a timely manner.
- Maintain quality standard as required by Customer and MDA QA.
- Create, review and maintain technical documentation, such as design specifications, design implementations and test results.
- Technical planning, monitoring and control, risk management, change management, estimation, scheduling, team mentoring, system engineering
- Be willing to travel to domestically and internationally when required.
- University undergraduate degree or higher in a relevant field of engineering or science
- 8+ years’ Systems Engineering experience in complex engineering environment(s)
- Experience as technical lead of a complex engineering production projects
- Experience leading people on complex production initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and motivation to learn new things
- Experience in a combination of several of the following areas:
- Technical oversight of system or sub-system(s)
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Experience with the full engineering lifecycle for complex systems
- Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP).
- MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
- MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.