Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) is seeking experienced registered nurses to join nursing teams in First Nations communities in Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta and Quebec.
As an integral part of the team, you will carry out a full scope of practice and provide a broad range of services unique to northern nursing with ISC. You will work alongside a talented team of nurses, other health professionals, and community members dedicated to delivering quality care in a culturally safe way.
Community Health Nurses deliver comprehensive health services in First Nations communities. They are responsible for in-depth nursing knowledge, skills, clinical expertise and advanced judgement through consultation, clinical practice, and leadership. They facilitate knowledge transfer through health promotion and disease prevention, and conduct mental health assessments and referrals.
- One year of independent clinical experience as a Registered Nurse (in the last three years) in one or more of the following areas: Community Health; Primary Care; Urgent or Emergency Care; and/or Acute or Intensive Care.
- Remote and/or isolated First Nations communities in northern Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta and Quebec.
- Opportunities for part-time, full-time and casual.
- Travel/outpost nursing rotations may vary and will include a combination of days, evenings, nights, and weekends.
- $80,948 - $92,653 pensionable annual base salary (plus applicable allowances)
- $96,747 - $130,579 (per annum inclusive of applicable allowances)
As of September 2022, ISC’s nursing recruitment and retention allowances significantly increased. As an ISC nurse, you could be eligible to receive:
- Up to $6,750 for the initial recruitment allowance provided one-month after employment
- Up to $9,750 provided after twelve months of employment
- Up to $16,500 annually as a retention allowance starting at year 2
- Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $80,948.00-$92,653.00 per year
- Day shift
- On call
- Weekend availability