Welcome to a place where people are at the heart of everything we do.
Welcome to people with an inspiring vision and who seek stimulating challenges. At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on engaging projects.
We are a firm 100% owned by its employees and we value a collaborative and entrepreneurial mindset. You will have the flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
When you join CIMA+, we welcome you to a place that you can call home.
The Vancouver office of CIMA Canada Inc. is currently seeking an Intermediate Electrical Engineer qualified in project engineering of building services. Candidates will be team players who are highly motivated with good communication skills. You will be responsible for building and leading a new electrical team within the BC Buildings market with support and collaboration from other Western Canada Buildings groups.
You will be able to work in a hybrid mode from the Vancouver office.
- Design of electrical power (medium voltage, low voltage, generators, UPS), lighting, lighting controls, communications, fire alarm, life safety and security systems in building applications using Canadian and BC standards. Design experience with photovoltaics or other green energy systems is an asset
- Assume a leadership role towards ensuring the successful completion of project deliverables and client and project pursuits in the Vancouver region
- Work effectively with a multidisciplinary team when required
- Overall design responsibilities for electrical projects, including site assessments, technical design, the review and stamping of design documents, site reviews and construction management
- Develop of fee proposals both as the prime consultant and as a sub-consultant for various project opportunities
- Provide project management and leading a team to ensure project milestones, budgets and quality processes are planned out and executed in a professional manner
- Plan and analyze workload for staff for the next week, month, 3 months and 6 months
- Represent the company with client groups and working diligently to ensure that clients’ expectations are met
- Ensure professional quality services in all facets of work
- Prepare reports, proposals and technical drawings for clients
- Mentor technical staff; assigning duties as required
- Analysis of complex engineering issues and problems
- Report to and collaborate with senior management on various key performance indicators including business development, project financials, workload planning, staff utilization, quality & safety processes and regional strategic planning
- Registered Professional Engineer with EGBC. Professional registration in additional regions is an asset
- 5 to 10 years relevant working
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint. REVIT is an asset
- Excellent English communication skills (both verbal and written) and business acumen to build and nurture strong client relationships
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with experience leading and directing other technical staff members in a respectful and effective environment
- Strong project management skills
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented
- Familiarity and experience with the latest versions of ASHRAE, the BC Building Code, the BC Step Code, and the Canadian Electrical Code
- Familiarity with ASHRAE and AGI32 software for lighting calculations
- Familiarity with the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) guidelines for lighting design
- Familiarity with CSA and NFPA codes as they apply to electrical engineering in BC
- Passive house and LEED certification are not required but would be an asset
- Power system analysis including short-circuit calculations, protection, grounding and arc-flash studies
- Experience in healthcare (an asset)
- Comfortable with long-distance driving or flight travel during all seasons of the year including overnight visits throughout BC
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
Contact François Turcotte