Accelerate your career with the most awarded Air Cargo Airline in Canada!
Cargojet is Canada's leading provider of time-sensitive overnight air cargo services and carries over 1,300,000 pounds of cargo each business night. Cargojet operates its network across North America each business night, utilizing a fleet of all-cargo aircraft Cargojet has been awarded one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies as well as being awarded the Shipper’s Choice Award for the best Air Cargo Carrier in Canada for the past number of years. Being part of Cargojet will allow you to become a part of a diverse and vibrant family at the leading edge of the air cargo industry both domestically and internationally. Cargojet team members are dedicated, hardworking, and have a strong sense of leadership and commitment.
Primary Objective of the Position:
Under the direction of the Director, Flight Dispatch, Flight Dispatchers are responsible for operational pre-flight preparation and flight watch within a prescribed geographic area or for assigned flights in accordance with Canadian and foreign government rules & regulations, the Cargojet Flight Operations Manual, and company policies & procedures.
Essential Position Functions:
- The production, review, authorization, issuance & revision of the Operational Flight Plan (OFP) for all flights inclusive of training and test flight operations, in keeping with safety, regulatory, customer service & corporate fiscal requirements,
- Authorizing the release of an aircraft to operate in accordance with the terms and conditions established by the OFP,
- Analyzing operational conditions and identifying any opportunities that may benefit or restrict operational capabilities, inclusive of, but not limited to, weather conditions, ATC and aircraft performance,
- Exercising operational control on a co-authority basis with the pilot-in-command, and for the joint responsibility of the safe and efficient planning and monitoring of a flight,
- Performing operational flight watch and for determining when changes to the OFP are required or when meteorological conditions may affect the safety of flights within a prescribed area or on assigned routes, and for communicating those changes to the operating flight crew as required,
- Formulating and implementing the revised OFP when conditions warrant, and for communicating the revised plans to the pilot-in-command,
- Initiating Emergency Response procedures as required,
- Communicating to ATC all OFP requirements,
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein,
- Additional duties as required by the Director, Flight Dispatch; and
- Fulfilling all SMS Duties and Responsibilities required of employees in Section 2.2.6 of the FOM.
- Eligible to commence Cargojet Flight Dispatcher specific training upon hiring; candidates must either:
- Posses a current Transport Canada Flight Dispatcher Certificate at another air operator, or
- Have completed the Transport Canada Generic Flight Dispatch Exams (FDOPS and FDMET) exams within the past 18 months.
- Must have held a Transport Canada or FAA Flight Dispatcher Certificate for a minimum of 3 years.
- Must possess a Restricted Operator Certificate with Aeronautical Qualification (ROC-A).
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with pilots, ground personnel, and other departments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency in computer systems used for flight planning.
- Previous flight planning experience with Navblue N-FP and Aerodata FPC an asset.
- Flexible to work various shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience an asset.
Important to Know:
- Cargojet is an equal opportunity We thank you for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- At Cargojet, we make safety the highest priority. Because of this priority and as we operate in a safety-sensitive environment, we require all employees to abstain from consuming Cannabis, in and outside of the This is a critical element of our drug and alcohol policy that all employees must comply with at all times.