Tired of long shifts in the ER? Do you routinely engage in conversations with everyone you meet? Do you treat your patients as good, if not better than you would treat yourself? If so, this may very well be the last job application you’ll ever have to fill out!
Here’s why people love working for Medcor Canada:
- Opportunities galore! Medcor Canada has a lot more to offer than just this job. There are opportunities to move vertically, horizontally, and geographically. Annually, 20% of our openings are filled by internal employees. The fact is opportunity exists here!
- We have an open-door policy. Do you have something to say? Speak your mind! We encourage it and we look forward to how you can help our organization.
Medcor Canada is looking for a Occupational Health Nurse to work a 2 week on 2 week off rotation at our remote, fly in fly out clinic located in northern Saskatchewan. Flights are provided from Saskatoon, Prince Alberta or La Ronge, Saskatchewan.
Job duties include participation in all aspects of Medcor Canada’s daily operations at our clients’ place of business by performing duties related to Workplace incident triage, emergency response, and treatment for employees, contractors, and guests according to the Medcor Care Protocols. Experience in the treatment of minor illness and injuries as well as major trauma and medical emergency management is required.
***Successful candidates will possess solid clinical skills, have at least two years' experience in Occupational Health, Emergency Department, ICU or applicable experience. ***
A typical day in the life of a Medcor Canada Nurse
- Help lead a team that provides customer service to Medcor Canada’s client and employees
- Treat injuries and illnesses according to Medcor Canada’s evidence-based medicine protocols
- Respond to medical emergencies
- Administer screening and testing
- Work closely with the Environmental, Health, and Safety department
- Assist in scheduling by communicating with the next shift
- Provide wellness education
- Document utilizing an electronic medical record (EMR)
- Assisting with daily clinic operations including clerical, IT, medical supply management, and medical equipment maintenance
- Assisting with claim management
- Have current SRNA Registration as an RN
- Have current CPR/BLS certification
- Have a positive and outgoing personality
- Be good at prioritizing and multitasking
- Be willing to go above and beyond to give excellent customer service
- Love people and giving them the best care humanly possible
- Be comfortable working alone or independently in a remote clinic environment
- Have a minimum of 2 years field experience
- Be able to follow processes and procedures with excellence
- Be good with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and familiarity with EMR software
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- OHN Certification an asset
Medcor Canada embraces a set of simple, interconnected practices that everyone can tailor to their own life and work. To preserve our pioneering, entrepreneurial spirit, we impart our values through the ongoing Better@Medcor campaign: encouraging our advocates to make a conscious choice to practice our values, to celebrate and recognize each other via our peer recognition program, and to support one another during
Job Type: Fly-In/Fly-Out
- CPR/BLS Certification (preferred)
- SRNA Registration as an RN (required)
Work Location: On the road