Location: Penticton, BC
Position: Specialized Caregivers
- Vacancies: 2x Full-Time & Casual
- Wage: $427.00 per day; as per the collective agreement
Position: Specialized Caregiver Supports
- Vacancies: 1 x Full-Time (40 hours per week) & 2 x Part-Time (24 hours per week)
- Wage: $26.74 per hour, as per the collective agreement
Axis Family Resources Ltd. is hiring Specialized Caregivers and Specialized Caregiver Supports to support Persons Served living in our Specialized Supportive Housing. Building and maintaining healthy relationships with our Persons Served through a trauma-informed practice is the core of our work. You will promote a positive and healthy environment that supports our persons served towards achieving educational, social, and recreational goals while focusing on daily life skills development. Resiliency, empathy, patience, and the ability to set and maintain healthy boundaries are qualities of people who establish a meaningful career with Axis.
This role is considered a “live-in” caregiver position. Typically, this follows a 3-day on, 3-day off shift model. Support roles are required to be awake overnight for the duration of the shift
As a Specialized Caregiver, you will be provided with in-depth training, a private secured staff room for sleep, and 24-hour support.
*Proof of COVID-19 vaccination may be required*
About Axis Family Resources:
Axis Family Resources Ltd. is a leading British Columbia-based social services organization using a trauma-informed lens. We have maintained our CARF accreditation since 2003. Axis encourages promotion from within and invests in our people through ongoing training and career development.
Our mission is to be the leader in the delivery of community based social services while enhancing the lives of the diverse people we serve, our employees, and our partners. Meeting our Mission means recruiting individuals who are passionate about making a difference.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A diploma in Community Services, Health Care Aid, Human Services, or other related discipline is an asset
- Minimum 2 - 4 years’ experience in social services, or a combination of education and experience will be considered
- Related experience in working with vulnerable populations or behavioural challenges will also be considered an asset
- Reliable transportation and a valid BC driver’s license
- Knowledge of and the ability to work with complex trauma, Autism, FASD, ODD or other neurobiological conditions is beneficial
- Clear Criminal Record Check (agency conducted, expenses covered)
- Effective written and verbal communication
Benefits for everyone:
- A unionized workforce with yearly wage increases
- CPI Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training provided
- Extensive in-house trainings provided, including Complex Trauma practice
- Exclusive Preferred Vendor Program discounts on internet, cell phone, home insurance, etc.
- Employee referral incentive
- Wellness initiatives and team day events
Full-time and part-time eligible employees receive the following:
- Up to 3 weeks of paid holidays annually (beginning in the first year)
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Extended health benefits (dental, vision, prescription, etc.)
- Paramedical health benefits (chiropractor, massage, naturopath, etc.)
- Employee Assistance Program (offering short term counselling services, etc.)
- A moderate level of physical fitness is an asset as direct delivery of program activities may involve standing, walking, exercising with the youth or adult, bending, lifting, etc.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
If you have a passion for working with people - we are excited to hear from you!
Job Types: Casual, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: $420.96-$427.00 per day
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Appropriate protocols are in place.
Work Location: In person