Join the EaseCARE team, an Alberta-based mental health provider dedicated to delivering integrative and collaborative care. At EaseCARE, we prioritize the unique needs and perspectives of our clients to provide exceptional mental health support (www.easecare.ca). We are actively seeking a therapist with experience working with Indigenous communities, as well as a background in crisis intervention and trauma-informed care.
As an Indigenous Therapist, you will play a crucial role in offering culturally sensitive, trauma-informed mental health support, including crisis intervention, to our diverse client base. This position will require night shift work from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM. The shift will involve in-person counselling from 10:00 PM to 2:00 AM, with the remaining hours being on-call to address urgent needs.
- Provide evidence-based mental health support and crisis intervention in line with provincial regulatory standards.
- Deliver trauma-informed care and support to clients during in-person and on-call hours.
- Offer culturally sensitive mental health support to our Indigenous clients, based on your experience working with Indigenous communities.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of mental health professionals to ensure holistic care and client safety.
- Participate in continuing education, research, and professional development activities to stay up-to-date on best practices in mental health support and trauma-informed care.
- Master’s or Graduate Degree in Counselling Psychology, Educational Psychology, Clinical Social Work or in related fields.
- Registration or eligibility for registration with the College of Alberta Psychologists or Alberta College of Social Workers.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in mental health counselling, with a focus on crisis intervention and trauma-informed care.
- Indigenous ancestry and extensive experience working in Indigenous communities and providing culturally sensitive mental health support is highly valued.
What Sets You Apart
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work during night hours and respond to on-call needs.
- Experience working with diverse client populations, incorporating an intercultural perspective.
- Effective communication skills in verbal, electronic, and written formats.
- Strong organizational skills, self-reliance, and attention to detail.
If you share our commitment to providing exceptional mental health support and are passionate about making a positive impact on our clients' lives, we invite you to join the EaseCARE team as an Indigenous Therapist. Apply today and help us transform the mental health landscape with compassionate, culturally sensitive, and evidence-based care.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: $32.00-$55.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T5P 3Z2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Edmonton, AB T5P 3Z2
Application deadline: 2023-09-08
Expected start date: 2023-09-27