Electrical Engineer in Training, Substations - ( 230002P4 )
Stantec’s Energy team in Burnaby BC is currently offering exciting opportunities for Electrical E.I.T. to work on a variety of HV, EHV, AC, and DC substation projects throughout North America. As part of our positive and dynamic team environment, you will be engaging in a variety of engineering assignments to provide our clients with superior services. We provide career opportunities that are as unique as you.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Based out of our Burnaby, BC office, Electrical E.I.T.s are responsible for Electrical engineering and design of high voltage substation projects. They will work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop efficient and reliable substations for our clients. They will coordinate the planning and design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform engineering study such as power flow, short circuit, arc flash, grounding, lightning protection, insulation coordination, cable ampacity, Station Service AC/DC system, rigid and flexible bus, lighting, etc.
- Conduct detailed design of substations, including switchyard layouts, elevations, ground grids/details, cable routing, AC/DC distribution, major equipment specifications, single line diagrams, schematics, wiring diagrams, marking, design calculations, etc.
- Prepare technical specifications for major equipment, Construction and Testing & Commissioning.
- Provide technical support for procurement, construction and commissioning.
- Assist in preparing proposals, project plans and estimate.
- Coordinate with other disciplines during project execution to solve challenging technical issues.
- Conduct site visit to define project scope, prepare for detailed design and provide construction site supports as required.
Drafting may be required in order to complete deliverables.
Your Qualifications and Credentials:
The successful candidate will possess:
- Experience on PSSE, PSCAD, ETAP, CDEGS, WinIGS, MathCAD is an asset.
- Field experience in commissioning and testing is an asset.
- Proven knowledge in Civil/Structural and P&C is an asset.
- Equipment engineering experience is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Microstation.
- Effective interpersonal skills (written, verbal) are a must in interaction with multi-disciplinary teams, suppliers, sub-consultants and client relationships.
- Demonstrated capability to efficiently handle multitasks.
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license with good standing.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (preferably in Power System) with 2 years of proven direct detailed design and engineering experience related to high voltage substations for Utilities in North America.
- E.I.T. registered with the Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC).
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.The experience will forever shape your future.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $73,600 - $106,600 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Organization : BC-1182 Energy-CA West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 30, 2023, 6:00:34 AM
Req ID: 230002P4
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans